Here at Ryan & Frost Solicitors both Keith Ryan and Stephen Wood are experienced civil litigation solicitors, who can advise individuals and businesses on a wide range of civil disputes, including:
- Personal Injury
- Landlord and Tenant
- Breach of Contract
- Professional Negligence
- Debt Recovery
- Disputed Wills
- Boundary Disputes
- Enforcement of Court Judgments
The firm provides pragmatic, commercial and effective advice in seeking to resolve civil disputes. We will consider and advise on the appropriateness of alternatives to court proceedings, including negotiations by correspondence, round table negotiations and formal mediation. Where necessary we can act in both County Court and High Court proceedings.
We offer a range of funding options including no win no fee agreements where appropriate.
Keith Ryan and Stephen Wood are both experienced civil and commercial litigation solicitors. When advising clients before entering into litigation, and at suitable stages during the litigation process, we will consider and advise on the suitability of mediation.
Mediation has many advantages over court hearings:
- Costs – mediation is usually less expensive than going to court.
- Speed – mediation can be arranged within days, in contrast to litigation.
- Control – mediation is an entirely voluntary process. The parties are in control of the outcome.
- Confidentiality – the mediation is confidential and unlike the court process, there is no public record.
- Comprehensive and Customised Agreements – mediated settlements are able to address both legal and extra-legal issues. Mediated agreements often cover procedural and psychological issues that are not necessarily susceptible to legal determination.
- High Rate of Compliance – parties who have reached their own agreement in mediation are more likely to follow through and comply with its terms.
REPRESENTATION AT MEDIATION
At Ryan & Frost Solicitors we are experienced at representing clients at mediations. Sometimes this will be as part of the established litigation process. However, we can also be brought in by clients specifically for the mediation, to provide an analysis of the case and representation at the mediation. We can develop mediation representation plans that meet our client’s interests and seek to overcome impediments to settlements.
ANALYSIS OF THE SUITABILITY OF A CASE FOR MEDIATION
We can be instructed specifically to provide an analysis of the suitability of a case for mediation, and what further steps ought to be taken to reach a stage where mediation is suitable, for instance whether voluntary disclosure ought to take place first. We can also advise on the potential risks relating to costs in refusing mediation.
STEPHEN WOOD MEDIATOR
Stephen Wood is an ADR Group Accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator, and also an ADR Group Accredited Workplace Mediator. Please see Stephen’s mediation website www.stephenwoodmediation.co.uk for further details of instructing Stephen as mediator.